[DNS] RSafeNames

From: Cheyne Jonstone <cheyne.jonstone§cove.com.au>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 21:35:52 +1000
Larry,

I was puzzled by this as well, but my greater concerns are:

1. The SafeNames website does not meet even the basic criteria for
accreditation, so who approved it and why?

2. As per http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2003-02/ item 4.3 states and
I quote "Provisional accreditation is valid for 12 months. If you do not
proceed to full accreditation within 12 months, you will be required to
re-apply (ie. resubmit your accreditation application and pay another
accreditation application fee)". If SafeNames had in fact obtained
provisional accreditation before October 2007, that period should have
lapsed in October 2008. As the process was officially closed, they should
not have been able to reapply.

3. While Safenames has a registered business name, the registered foreign
company (132 273 342) they used for their own .au domain was only formed in
July 2008. As the accreditation name is in fact Safenames Ltd, not
Safenames, it means the legal entity changed at some point during the
accreditation process (if we're to believe they were provisionally
accredited before October 2007). At this point, would it not be considered
to be a new application?

I look forward to the answers.

Regards,

Cheyne Jonstone