[DNS] Bottle breaches policy

From: Larry Bloch <larry.bloch§netregistry.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:20:45 +1000
To be fair there are a variety of views expressed - mostly to do with a
banner we had on our home page soliciting Bottle's customers to consider us
if they are looking for a new registrar. Not unlike MIT and many other
registrars. Not unlike the one we have in place for WebCentral customers who
may want a new provider.

This thread is about auDA's and Bottle's actions - an entirely different
topic.

...and in case you think I'm guilty of hypocrisy by attacking auDA and
soliciting Bottle's customers, I did call Nick to let him know we would be
soliciting his customers like other registrars.

So Josh, your comment is a little off topic.

Here's one post from that link (to make the point that there are a variety
of views expressed there:
User #112464   11 posts
metilly
Forum Regular

redkat writes...

"3. Larry Bloch, CEO and co-founder of Netregistry coments about auDA acting
as judge, jury and executioner by cancelling Bottle Domains' accreditation
so suddenly etc etc, meanwhile Net registry having the nerve to fun Fear
adverts and acting like a Judge themselves."

I read this as Larry saying that the actions of auDA were wrong but it
doesn't cover any opinion on Bottle.

Even if someone has admitted to wrong-doing, our society still doesn't
accept a single individual or single group being judge, jury and
executioner.

So to object to auDA's behaviour while advertising to Bottle customers is
not conflicting behaviour on the part of NetRegistry.

EDIT:
And just for the record, I've just checked my history to see when I've been
to NetRegistry lately and the last time was on Tuesday so I saw the advert
no later than then. Given that I'm looking for a domain registrar at the
moment and paying attention to what I read because I need to learn about
charges, I remember that it made it clear that .au names would be
transferred free but this didn't apply to other TLDs.

Regards,

Larry Bloch | CEO | Online Growth Solutions Ltd

Netregistry | PlanetDomain | NETT Magazine | Hostess

Direct: ???????????? 02 9641 8636
Mobile: ?????????? 0411 545 118
Personal Fax: ? 02? 80790741
Email: ????????????? larry.bloch&#167;netregistry.com.au

T +61 2 9699 6099 | F +61 2? 9699 6088| http://www.netregistry.com.au
PO Box 270 Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia

Domain Names | Email Solutions | Web Hosting | Dedicated Hosting | eCommerce