[DNS] Bottle breaches policy

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:14:09 +1000
Larry, thanks.  I agree that the mess should preferably have been avoided.

At first glance adDA's action of removing Bottle's accreditation seems to be
unduly harsh, albeit apparently within their contractual rights.  Like Rod,
though, I find it hard to believe that the action was taken arbitrarily; I
suspect that there would have been events and other incidents prior to said
action.

I also find it hard to believe that auDA would have taken such action
without first communicating with Bottle;  I suspect (but don't know for
sure) that the auDA-Bottle contract requires such to be done.

I guess that neither auDA nor Bottle can clarify any of the issues any of us
have raised because it would be sub judice;  until the litigation is
completed we'll all be in the dark.

To answer your question, as I have no knowledge of events leading up the
Bottle's de-accreditation I cannot come to an informed opinion.  Neither can
anybody else for that matter.

Regards
Ron Stark