[DNS] Registrant contact details hijacking

From: Lea de Groot <dotau.org§elysiansystems.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:04:53 +1000
On Thu, 31 May 2007 17:46:49 +1000, Ron Stark wrote:
> What steps can I take to ensure that the registrant's contact details
> properly recorded?  What processes / procedures are in place to
> validate the registrant's contact details, and to prevent such
> hijacking?

The registrar should have their preferred method on their website.
The large majority simply require a letter on company letterhead,
accompanied by a photocopy of eg drivers license to change details.
Usually this is done simply because access to the contact email address
has been lost, but it is also quite appropriate when total access to a
legally owned domain is lost.

Hope it helps,
Lea
--