[DNS] Monetised

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:57:29 +0100 (BST)
--- Jon Lawrence <jon&#167;jonlawrence.com> wrote:

> >Also if you just sit on the domain for two years I
> >cannot see how you will be allowed to renew it
> under
> >the monetisation policy as you haven't used it for
> >monetisation and are not providing that service.
>
> David
>
> You seem to be implying that a website is the only
> use for a domain name.

No I am saying that if you register a domain by saying
that the service you provide is domain monetisation
then you would need to have a website to provide that
service, which is why auDA clarified the 'close &
substantial' policy regarding monetisation with strict
guidelines. Just like the guidelines they used to take
away several hundred domains from ansearch some while
back. They set a precedent with that case so should
have no issues with following policy regarding
monetisation. In fact it is probably the only auDA
policy that doesn't have that many loopholes.

DJ

All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of Vi&#167;gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html