[DNS] dineonline.com.au

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 01:35:39 +0100 (BST)
--- "Sean K. Finn" <Sean.Finn&#167;ozservers.com.au> wrote:

> dineonline.com.au had a legitimate business
> associated with it.
>
> Dineonline.com.au was let lapse by a client's
> client.
>

> As an expiring domain, dineonline.com.au is now
> registered to HITPRO PTY
> LTD, and now redirects to a search page that shows
> rubbish content i.e.
> search pages redirecting to other content.
>

> A legitimate user and prior registrant of
> dineonline.com.au is now
> deprived of using this domain, whereas one month
> prior it would have
> been no worries for them to get their domain name
> back.

Now the only solution is to put a complaint into auDA
or go down the auDRP route at $1500 plus lawyer costs.

If we had a secondary market then at least they would
have the opportunity to buy back the name which would
probably cost them less than using the "approved"
methods.

Statistically there are a very tiny percent of .coms'
that go for over $1000.

The problem is that the more revenue Hitpro generates
from the domain through monetisation the more its
going to cost to buy back down the line.

I agree the com.au name space is going down hill
rapidly.

DJ

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html