[DNS] free society Re: Licence Period

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:59:55 +1000
All of Vic's arguments and rationale appear to stem from a single premise -
"If it's not illegal and it makes money and it can be done, then I should be
allowed to do it".  Well, we already have one Perth personality who
subscribed to that very philosophy;  recent history suggests that it might
run in the family.

Oh - there's occasionally a caveat - "... and nobody gets hurt", whatever
that's supposed to mean.

Nowhere have I seen Vic use words like "ethical", "decent", "fair",
"proper", "respectable", "right" or "acceptable".  Instead, people who do
believe that business can and should incorporate such concepts get the
Hammer And Sickle accusation thrown at them.

There's more to regulation than specific statutes.  There's more to business
than making an opportunistic buck whenever a gullible target happens to pass
by.  There's more to winning an argument than bluster and noise.  There's
more to debate than name-calling and imputations.

There's also more to this list than sounding off about one's own politics.

Ron Stark