[DNS] free society Re: Licence Period

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:19:53 +1000
Tony Owen [tony&#167;seol.net.au] wrote:
> Your splitting hairs ..
>
> The Australian Government (represented by the National Office for the
> Information Econ-omy ("NOIE"), see http://www.noie.gov.au) facilitated the
> establishment of auDA.
> "the management and administration of the .au ccTLD are subject to the
> ultimate authority of the Commonwealth of Australia".
>
> So he who has the 'Ultimate Authority' sorta runs the show ....

now you are engaging in deliberate misinformation.  "sorta runs the
show" is rather distinct from actually runs the show.

the government policy is very clearly that the industry self regulates.

so your comment that the registrars work for the government is false.
using your logic everyone in tv media works for the government, because
it is the ultimate authority of the spectrum. complete and utter garbage.

no amount of backpedaling and twisting or distorting of facts will bring
your fabrications any closer to reality.

your analogies are misleading, your understanding of the processes
involved are deeply flawed, which makes your pontifications irritating
albeit comical.

REGISTRARS DO NOT WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT AND ARE NOT GOVERNMENT AGENTS.

registrars are free agents who work in a free market that is self
regulated by the industry. the only power auda have over registrars is
via contract.

I am going to have to bring out my hammer and sickle branding iron and
apply it to your forehead if you keep insisting otherwise.

Vic