[DNS] Domain dispute heats up

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:17:24 +1000
Chris Disspain [ceo&#167;auda.org.au] wrote:
> > at the recent auda conference, registrars overwhelmingly voted for
> > opening the up top level .au space for registration.
>
> Sorry Vic, that's just not correct. A significant number of registrars said that they wanted to think about it not that they were in
> favour. And, if you are going to characterise it as a vote, which it wasn't, then you cannot count yourself and Bennett as 2 votes
> and so on.

1 vote against, 3 undecided and about 10 in favour. if thats not
overwhelming I dont know what is. while its not a real vote its pretty
indicative of what the industry wants.

registrars get no benefit from opening up a name space unless there is a
demand there. if the demand exists then it should be addressed.

we are not here to make the name space neat and tidy, auda exists to
address the needs of all australians.

Vic