[DNS] regulations relating to the registration of .id.au domain names in australia

From: Peter baker <jellyware§gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 22:22:43 +1000
hey guys

I'm writing this as a matter of public interest

I trust this is correct place to discuss my issues on domain name regulation
in Australia

Shortly after the 2 letter domain name's became available I managed to
register the following domains

ag.net.au- I intend to use this as an information site for australian
agriculture industry

zk.com.au- a site to promote a monthly dance party called zero kelvin that I
help organise with a good friend

my.id.au

I have had a lot of hassles with this domain name since I registered it that
seem to highlight the problems surrounding the regulaton of domain names in
Australia

I believe my registry had a duty to inform me of the audit of 2 letter
domain names before I got involved.  I think auda should get more involved
with the behaviour of Australian registries.

I have issues with the accuracy of the published auda policy

see

http://www.auda.com.au/policies/auda-2005-02/

The pdf version contains a table D relating to the use of nicknames in the
id.au space that the html version does not contain.  I informed auda of this
administrative mistake earlier in the week

My registry changed the registrant name in the public whois without my
consent.  Auda claims to have not been informed of the change.

Auda has investigated my complaint on this and ordered that the registrant
details be returned to my name.

Then auda asked me to "Please provide an explanation of the close and
substantial connection between yourself and my.id.au. If you are unable to
demonstrate eligibility under auDA policy, the domain name will be deleted.
I require a response from you by 5pm Thursday 1 June"

I literally cried when I read this

I have sent auda an email asking for an extension of this deadline and a
clarification as to what is being asked of me here.  I think this audit in
the id.au space is unfair and unjust,

suggestions/comments welcome

peter

--