[DNS] SETEL

From: Ian Johnston <ian.johnston§infobrokers.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:06:05 +1000
magic2147&#167;optushome.com.au (cb) wrote:

> Who on earth is this SETEL?

> SETEL seems to have a lot to say but don't seem to be a representative of
anyone. Just who are they representing?

>From its submission to the Taskforce on Reducing Regulatory Burdens on
Business: SETEL's membership includes 50 associations, which collectively
represent over 600,000 Australian small businesses.

SETEL is an association of associations.  Its membership as at Sep 2004 may
be found at
http://web.archive.org/web/20050204172953/www.setel.com.au/membership/member
s.htm.

SETEL receives a grant of financial assistance for telecommunications
consumer representation and research under section 593 of the
Telecommunications Act 1997.  See http://tinyurl.com/kxebf.

> SETEL seems to have a lot to say ...

I contributed to SETEL's Submission to Regulation Taskforce.  I have also
contributed to various auDA fora and to the DNS Mailing List.

IMO this DNS Mailing List is an important public policy forum.  For example,
some key issues were addressed in September 2005 at
http://dotau.org/archive/2005-09/  Issues from this discussion reflect in
its submission to the Taskforce.

Ian Johnston