[DNS] Time for the rules to changeregardingtransferringdomainname licences

From: James Collins <jamesc§aosreg.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 21:31:34 +1000
> > auDA were given a wonderful thing in the .au domain space.
> > A space where Robert Elz had ensured (Or at least attempted
>
> Oh, please... the man was a fool.  His restrictions were way

	Robert Elz was many things. But a fool was not one of them. He was a
pioneer who helped to bring the miracle that is the internet to Australia.
He developed RFCs with regard to the Domain Name system and others. Rather
than stopping business on the internet, he suggested TLDs for personal use
etc. He made a profound contribution over 15 years of "selfless and
dedicated service". He worked long and hard for the future we now have, and
has been thoroughly scourged for the privilege. I hope history will be
kinder to you Kirk.

> > merely creating stagnant pockets to line your own pockets.
>
> Wanting to "line your own pockets" and promoting growth of ...
> it a success.  To quote from Adam Smith:
>
> "He generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public

The "Wealth" of the Internet is the prime concern here though. What we're
discussing needs to be considered carefully with regard to what can be lost.
But we can discuss humanities another time...

> > auDA have encouraged growth within the space by releasing
> And there are still some limits stifling further growth...
> this needs to be addressed.

	Indeed there are :) ... The time has certainly come for an equitable
system to be worked out. One that allows for growth, and not stagnation.

 -- James :) Collins     ::       Email: jamesc&#167;aosreg.com.au
   ,-_|\    Australasian Online Services Registry
  /      *  Voice 9AM-5PM AEST - +61-7-3823-5150
  \_,-._/   Fax 24 Hours       - +61-7-3823-5152
        v   Snail Mail: P.O.Box 1073, Capalaba, Qld, 4157
	    Internet Link: http://www.aosreg.com.au/