[DNS] Time for the rules to changeregardingtransferring domainname licences

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:38:27 +1000

I didn't assume that, it is your false interpetation of what I stated.  On the
other side of the coin however is the fact if someone profits it doesn't mean
it is to the public good.  It could be either way or no impact at all.  I
can't see how opening up the market and relaxing the rules will be for the
better, it would allow profits for some but that doesn't equate to the public
good.  If you or anyone else can show there would be substantial benefits for
the public by making changes I'd be happy to see the evidence.

|> the public dont part with money unless they see some value.

Individuals may see some value, doesn't mean it is there or for the general
public.

|> > The value in .au names is partly due to the controls in
|> place.  I see
|> > a lowering in value for names already held if the market
|> was widened.
|>
|> really by what measure? you can not possibly rightfully or
|> meaningfully hold that view other then as some support to
|> your personal minority opinions and ideologies.

My opinions are not in the minority and I haven't expressed any idelogies, you
are projecting.  The measure is what I percieve as the value of the .au
namespace as an individual and from exposure to the values others see.

|> I think its time the idealogues and hobbists move on to
|> greener pastures and let the markets decide for themselves
|> what they want, last I looked this was a free country.

Why should business decide the future of the .au namespace?  Why should the
public entrust anything to business.  Business is designed to revolve around
profit, nothing more, it doesn't have the best interests of the public in
mind.  Markets can be manipulated by business and I personally would not like
to see the .au namespace ruled strictly along business lines.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch