Re: [DNS] Re: Policy on domain ownership

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:04:21 +0800
Quoting Chris Maltby on Wednesday March 30, 2005:

| As I recall, when kre was in charge of .org.au registrations the
| rules were even tougher. He insisted on there being an organisation
| which fitted in no other 2LD as the main requirement.

That was the stated policy for some time, but I think the best summary
of the rules as they were applied in the 90's would be "inconsistent".
Some times they were applied loosely, at other times not so. Without
knowing the specifics I don't think you can make a good assumption on
the basis for any domain registration being granted.

kim