Re: [DNS] Searcher twists name rules

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:51:34 +1100
Kim Davies [kim&#167;cynosure.com.au] wrote:
> It's all about finding a balance. You destroy value and opportunity in
> other ways if you make .au a completely free market.
>The domain space is > a finite resource that needs to last, for all intents and purposes, in
> perpetuity - without overly penalising people based on how late or early
> they entered the so-called "market". Pure capitalism favours driving
> resource exhaustion. Finding a perfect balance is a tough ask.

again that simply not the case. pure capitalism will redirect resources
to the most efficient producers and uses the pricing mechanism to determine
allocation of scare resources. ie the most efficient producers will make most of the money
which entitles them to buy the best assets.

I cant see any resource exhaustion in any name space. if a name space
becomes "full" whatever that means you open up a new one. names for all
intents and puposes are an infinite virtual resource.

armchair enthusiasts dont cause problems because they are enthusiastic
its more they are armchair politicians and philosophers, pontificating
about things they have superficial understanding of.

Vic