RE: [DNS] Searcher twists name rules

From: Marty Drill - Domain Candy <marty§domaincandy.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:03:59 +1100
I have raised this issue with auDA (early Feb) and below was the response to
my enquiry about policy rules for companies registering an address that they
claim to provide a service for. The 2 examples I gave were common in the
public arena at the time and not necessarily reflective of my content
tastes!

My original enquiry related to http://www.mysearch.com.au/ owned by AnSearch

____________
From auDA:

With regards to the allocation, they have stated that it is a service they
provide and the service is a directory service.  So if you type
desperatehousewives.com.au into the browser, it does actually come up with a
directory listing.  Same with parishilton.com.au.

So I suggest that the interpretation is that you can register a domain as a
service of your business, if it provides a service of finding the content
that you (user) are seeking.

Cheers

Marty