RE: [DNS] Advice on registration of recent

From: Steven Heath <sheath§>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:43:05 +1200 (NZST)
The letter is interesting. I would like to point out what I observed reading it.

If the registrar had done a mistake woundnt they issue a chq for mistake and in
fact issue the letter?

9 days (August 2nd to 13th) seems short time to look at the this issue from all

I think for auDA to issue could mean that the registry might have released the
name by mistake or that the orginal registrant did renew the name but a mistake
occurred (again likley at the registry level).

All in all looks like someone/thing did a major screw up and AUDA rushed of a
letter as soon as it was reported/discovered.

Steven Heath
.nz news & views

"America is the only nation in history which has gone directly from barbarism
to degeneration without the usual interval of civilization."

Georges Clemenceau