Re: [DNS] More overpriced .au domains

From: <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:40:48 +1000
On 30 Apr 2004 at 10:16, Brenden Cruikshank &#167; Spirit Communication wrote:

> Yea $100 bucks for 2 years is really going to send them broke!
> Come on, most edu institutions get discounted everything from software,
> computers to Internet services, they need to start paying their fair
> share.
>
> I don't believe it's really a rip-off; it isn’t cheap to run a registry.
> If they want an Internet presents in this day and age then they should be
> willing to pay for the domain name!

Well actually I was not objecting to a cost recovery process  rather I was trying to
point out that .au domains are vastly overpriced and that somebody is doing very well
out of it thank you very much.

There are also a lot of one teacher and other tiny schools who have a web presence
(using a .edu.au address for visibility rather that the incomprehensible department
provided web addresses) for whom this will be a significant impost.

cb