RE: [DNS] 12-3 Win For Domain Name Distributors

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:07:29 +1000
What a coincidence!  That sounds just like a guy I know who worked for a
company that took out a .com in response to one of those mailouts, believing
he was renewing his existing domain name.

Two years later they were involved in a legal dispute with an overseas
company who wanted the .com name that they didn't own.

$20 000 later they lost the .com to the plaintiff.  If only they hadn't been
tricked into registering that .com name and ripped off that extra 100 bucks
- they'd have saved that money, plus all the losses of email, internal staff
time and their inefficiencies.

Australia 0, USA 1.

What a disgrace that some people think that sheep are only good for screwing
and shearing.

-r-