Chesley's at it again

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:16:17 +1000
Today two of my clients have received solicitations from Internet Registry,
offering .com domain names for the pittance of $198 for 2 years.
Interestingly, alarm bells were raised in the minds of both clients because
of spelling mistakes in the document, entitled "IMPORTANT NOTICE".

Admittedly, in my opinion this latest notice is not deceptive as were his
previous outings, so it falls into the realm of valid junk mail marketing.

One thing that I did notice, however, is the copyright notice on its footer
- "Copying, reproducing or broadcasting of this material to any other party
by any manner whatsoever is expressley prohibited".

Apart from the fact that anybody who takes up Rafferty's offer is thereby
prohibited from making a copy for their own records, they're also prohibited
from telling their colleagues and associates about his wonderful offer.  I
can't think why he feels so much need for secrecy.

A legal opinion as to the vaildity of that notice would be of interest.

Ron Stark