Re: [DNS] Nomination for auDA board.

From: Jason Pay <jasonpay§au1.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:57:52 +1000
>Quoting Ian Smith on Thursday September 25, 2003:
>|
>|  > If elected, I will strive to ensure that the interests/views and
>|  > suggestions of users, resellers and registrars are promoted to the
board.

>| I thought demand class representatives sought to represent registrants?
>
>That is correct. "Demand" class represents registrants and end users
>of the DNS system. "Supply" class is specifically for the voice of
>resellers and registrars.
>
>kim

If i were elected to the board I would, given the opportunity, present
views and opinions to the board, regardless of the 'class', even though
the 'demand' class member would be on the board to represent the
registrant and end users.

Issues relating to registrants, end users, resellers, registrars and auDA
are interdependent. If there is an issue relating to 'supply' which could,
in the short/long term effect registrants and/or end users then I would
present my views with an expectation that they have some impact on the
decisions being made.

> > I will also attempt to engage the board in progressive and systematic
> > change within auDA and where applicable, the Australian Internet
> > regulatory regime.
>
>Please define 'progressive' and 'systematic' change?
>
>Ian

my meaning:
Progressive: not 'if it aint broke. dont fix it' - listen to stakeholders
and take action. just because it fits, doesn't mean it shouldnt, or cant
be changed for something better or improvements made.
Systematic: review, take action, scheduled review, - not 'if it aint
broke. dont fix it'

Anyhow,

Regards,

Jason Pay