RE: [DNS] Melbourne IT/Ausregistry partnership

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:53:59 +0100
Hi Daniel

I think you'll find that what's happened here is purely coincidental.  Melbourne
IT has had an arrangement with Yahoo Australia to promote domain names which
dates back to 2001 from memory.  I presume that Ausregistry has recently
purchased banner advertising to promote their new site across the Yahoo
AU site, which is why it's appearing on that page.