Re: [DNS] DNS and Spam

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:33:16 +1000 (EST)
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Tony Owen wrote:

 > Is this an OK forum to attempt to find out how it was possible for someone
 > to come up with all the domain names that jamesguy owned?
 >
 > I would still like to know the answer, and hope the issue doesnt get
 > dropped.

I don't know, but it occurred to me that quite a few of those domain
names had appeared on the generics list when the auction was on, and
that anyone following up on the fate of those domains (and/or searching
anything vaguely to do with law, litigation, trademarks and such) might
have sniffed the trail of a litigation-inclined cybersquatter (pheeoow!)

Cheers, Ian