Re: [DNS] The .pro name space.

From: jamesguy <jamesguy§guyassociates.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:18:27 +1000
The demand would be significant and could be applied to doctors, professionals, where the transfer of confidential information is a requirement.  The issuing of certificates and the like would need to take place with local verification.  It seems to me that it would promote the use of the internet for the transfer of this information.  While there are curently methods available to enable enhanced security it is not widely used.  The US iniative is aimed at addressing this issue and although I am not sure of origins I would expect that the iniative was not driven by an individual submission.

When you ask what is my agenda? I can only assume that you are attempting to undermine the credibility of my submissions.  I have already indicated that as a solicitor I have an interest in tendering for any legal work from auda.

The fact remains that as a non-profit representative corporation auDA should adopt open and transparent process.  This is a scenario that is applied to government organisations.

It is well known that politicians frequently avoid questions with a question.  While I am not saying that this is what you are doing the issues exist whatever my agenda as you put it may be.

> And what would the demand be for .pro.au James? We are not
> exactly a big country. I should qualify I don't know what
> the rules are for the establishment of .pro.au
>
> And .pro will eventually be available to you. As it says at
> http://www.registrypro.com/policies/eligibility.php,
> "Additional jurisdictions for domain name registrations
> will be added on a rolling basis."
>
> I'm still at a loss to see what your agenda is James. Not
> just this issue, but also questioning the legal firm that
> auDA uses, and why they don't use more than one.
>
> David
>
> http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Mobile
> - Check & compose your email via SMS on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile.

> author, further information at the above URL.  (368 subscribers.)

Kind regards

James Guy

Principal
Guy & Associates
      Solicitors & Trade Marks Agent

Level 25 Optus Centre
367 Collins Street
Melbourne
VIC 3000
AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 3 9221 6151
Fax:   +61 3 9383 6161
Mobile:+61 0407085553
website:  guyassociates.com.au

This email (including any attachments) is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It contains information that may be confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the addressee,or you have received this email by mistake, you must not disclose,copy or distribute it or use the information contained in it (or any attachments) in any way.

If you have received this message in error please notify Guy & Associates by return email or reverse charges telephone call to +61 3 9221 6151 and then delete this message and any copies of it. Please also contact us if you have any doubts about the authenticity of this email.

Any legal professional privilege between solicitor and client, or any other rights, are retained by Guy & Associates and are not lost or waived because you have received this message in error. This email (including any attachments) may also contain computer viruses or other defects. Guy & Associates is not liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by these viruses or defects.