RE: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:57:34 +1000

Hello Lucian,

>   If I am to register a gTLD domain today as a reseller, the
> registrar sends the successful confirmation message to my
> reseller contact email, not directly to the registrant
> contact. Isn't this correct?

That is entirely up to the registrar's business procedures, and any
processes used between a registrar and a reseller.
For a gtld domain there is no "requirement" to send a confirmation
message at all.

Note there are also systems where a registrar sends emails branded with
the resellers name.

Regards,
Bruce