RE: [DNS] Proposal for policy change

From: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin§melbourneit.com.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 06:39:22 +1000
Hello Marco,

> No body in business wants to be governed by his supplier My
> registrar is my supplier and as much as we can we endeavour
> to protect, each others business interest that is all, I have
> to watch my relationship with them (the registrar) as they
> with us (the reseller)!.

Actually there is a hierarchy of agreements.  An auDA registrar is bound
by an agreement with its supplier (the registry), as well as bound to
agreements with auDA, resellers, and registrants.

It is a matter of contractual negotiation between registrars and
resellers.

Again a reseller has a choice whether to enter the pre-defined onerous
agreements with the registry and auDA, or enter a usually less onerous
agreement with a registrar which is subject to commercial negotiation.

A registrant has an agreement with the registrar (the domain name
licence agreement), and may or not have in addition an agreement with a
reseller.

Regards,
Bruce