Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Deus Ex Machina <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:03:27 +1000
IntaServe   |   Amin Kroll [amin.kroll&#167;intaserve.com] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is our first post to the list but I've been reading the comments with a
> lot of interest and felt it worthwhile to comment ...
>
> As a registrar (aswell as a previous reseller ourselves) we've built the
> business over many years based on the premise of respect for our resellers
> relationships with processes developed to prevent contact of your clients.
> We never contact our domain resellers' clients directly unless express
> permission has been granted to do so. Frankly it would be commercially
> stupid to do so.
>
> We would like to take resellers up on the offer of a Guarantee of
> 'non-contact' of your clients and formalise this with a document if need be.
> The actual drawing up of such an agreement or Guarantee is not as 'easy' as
> it sounds and may be frought with legal issues which is why IMO registrars
> may have steered away from this. Realistically accidents may occurr as per
> Melbourne ITs latest renewal reminder incident which I understand was a
> technical accident.

nice publicity stunt.

so you are publically offering to breach the auda policies over transfer and direct registrant contracts?

you are legally bound to enter into a contract directly with registrants. how do you propose
to do this without the registrants knowledege?

let us know if you work out how to by-pass the auda policies you are contractually
bound to without auda suspending your registrar licence.

Vic