RE: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Sean Finn <sean§teknol.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:19:58 +1000
To all in general, not directed at any individuals, again, my 2 cents.

Its not the fact that they run the perl script.

Its the fact that they have *proven* their technical ability to run a perl
script.
Agreed to run said script in a fancy fashion, and not to waver too far,
and agreed to be watched and monitored, for example, if their flair for perl
programming gets too fancy and they do something funky but disallowed. They
agree to be axed, or fix up their fancy script to conform again.

-There has to be an agreement to the next level in the .au foodchain at the
registrar level,
-Someone has to pay for it.
-Someone has to watch it.

* Its called becoming a registrar.*

Proving your technical ability,
Paying for it, (Someone has to ,its commercial after all, not a charity.)
And agreeing to be slapped if you go outside the guidelines.

If you want that level of control, make it worth auda's while, pay to become
a registrar, and prove your ability.
Its not up to them to pay for it after all.

If you're not at that level, hook into someone who has, hang off their
coattails, and resell their products.

Its Harsh.

Its Commerce.

Im Sorry.