Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Richard Archer <rha§juggernaut.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:09:33 +1000
At 16:38 +0100 23/6/03, Jon Lawrence wrote:

>>It allows resellers the right to form a agreement with the registrant,
>>regarding the domain name, so the registrant doesnt have to deal with
>>both the registrar and the reseller.
>
>That's easy - go get accredited as a registrar.  You can't have it both
>ways.

Except that auDA have inserted a $3000 per annum obstacle
in the way of that cunning plan.

In my opinion a one-time $3000 fee would be justifiable.
That would cover the cost of administering the accreditation
process. But once a registrar is up and running, ongoing
costs are (or should be) minimal.

A $3000 per annum fee is simply an artificial construct
designed to stifle competition in the registrar segment
of this industry.

 ...Richard.