Re: [DNS] More on the issue of reseller / registrar relationship

From: Steven Ebsary <steven§enuff.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:02:29 +0800
On Mon, Jun 23, 2003, Kim Davies wrote:

> Furthermore it _belongs_ to the telco, it is just leased
> to you for the duration of the service. It is like IP
> addressing, not like domain names.

Arnt domains only licensed to the registrant for the duration of the service
only?

> I dont want to have to buy a web hosting service, or have to become a
> reseller/registrar, just to operate my own domain. Some kind of forced
> supply chain where you have to buy from an agent sucks IMHO.

There is nothing stopping you from buying from the registrar in the model
I proposed, the reseller is just there to offer the added services, like
clients I've delt with actually want, more bundled services and less
companies to deal with.

--
Regards,

Steven Ebsary