RE: [DNS] auDA media release

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§snapsite.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:42:32 +1000
Skeeve, some comments on your use of your "management role"

...does your T&C explicitly state that you have the right to arbitrarily
move a domain name between registrars?

How do you deal with the situation in which a consumer decides that they
want to stop dealing with you for whatever reason, then later on discovers
that their domain name is not with the registrar that they thought they were
with?

What happens when a registrant comes to you because they've had a bad
experience with a certain registrar, only to later discover that you've
moved their domain back to that very registrar, under your so-called opt-in
model?

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I don't believe that your actions can
be deemed to be opt-in, simply because of a vague inference in your T&C.

Ron Stark