Re: [DNS] web.id.au

From: Bruce Denson <bruce§brd.com.au>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:57:58 +1000
Good call Lucian

The commercial implications would be more relevant than the "legal" ones to
those people that invested in these types of sub-domains.
Then there is the "spirit" of the DNS - rules that work for everyone are
understood industry wide.

I wouldn't want my companies Internet assets relying on the commercial
viability of a single entity that created the sub-domain.
When people started playing with the .au space such as aus.com the "spirit"
of the DNS is undermined.

com.au
aus.com
aust.com
australia.com

mydomain.aus.com. is not acceptable to me personally and I would not
promote such a business "oppurtunity" for the sake of saving / making a few
dollars.
The DNS is still young and when IPv6 kicks in the DNS will take off.

ECHO
> My advice for any commercial organisation is to register domains in
> regulated top level spaces.

Perhaps individuals that wanted low-cost doesn't matter if I lose it
Internet
addresses then these quasi setups are Ok............

Regards
Bruce

Business Resource Development (BRD)
bruce&#167;brd.net.au