Bulk change of DNS Servers?

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:12:48 +1100
Hi there...

We're going through a process where we have built some new DNS servers
and are looking at ways to change over all domains on our existing
servers. The reason we're doing this is for migration of address space
and APNIC wants our old address space back and is going to start getting
impatient soon.

Historically this has been a bit of a mess.

In existence are:

simpson.x.net.au (primary)
ns01.x.net.au (primary)
ns1.x.net.au (primary)

all with the same IP

and

tanami.x.net.au (secondary)
ns02.x.net.au (secondary)
ns2.x.net.au (secondary)

all with the same IP.

I want to figure out how to arrange with someone how I go about getting
all domains using the above names/supplied IP addresses, changed to a
set of new DNS servers.

Is AusRegistry able to assist us with this?

There are about 400ish domains involved.

I don't want to go through the pain of trying to do them individually
and getting rego keys... the administrative task of this is simply
overwhelming.

I presume the fact that these domains are currently delegated to us is
enough to get them updated.

Briefly talking to Melbourne IT the other day (where most domains are
held), they suggested charging us per domain for this change.

Skeeve Stevens, RHCE     Email: skeeve&#167;skeeve.org
Website: www.skeeve.org  - Telephone: (0414) 753 383
Address: P.O Box 1035, Epping, NSW, 1710, Australia

eIntellego - skeeve&#167;eintellego.net - www.eintellego.net
Si vis pacem, para bellum