RE: [DNS] RE: bizcatalyst.com.au

From: Michael McKinnon <mjm§mentalpopcorn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:16:25 +1000
David,

I am very happy that published auDA policy clearly prevents the sale or
transfer of a domain name (thank god we're not like the gTLDs).  My original
question was in relation to the "leasing" of a domain name.

I guess, at the end of the day, we are talking about definitions of things
here.

My concept or understanding of a domain name is that it is no more
significant than a telephone number; that is, a label of identity that
assists in locating a service via a particular medium.

So let me ask this question:

As a legal registrant of a domain name, what stops me from delegating or
redirecting (just like call-forwarding on a telephone) that domain name to
another party as part of a private agreement between myself and that party?

Thanks...MJM

(and sorry for the noisy list today!)