Re: [DNS] RE: bizcatalyst.com.au

From: David Keegel <djk§cyber.com.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:51:18 +1000 (EST)
] Yes, but neither the Sydney Harbour Bridge, or the planet Netptune offer
] exclusivity!  A domain name, on the other hand, regardless of the policy
] governing it, is licensed exclusively to the registrant.

Perhaps drivers licences and credit cards would be better examples.
(I haven't investigated, but I assume that you don't own them and
aren't allowed to sell/transfer them, at least not without permission
of the issuer.)

Should we be happy for anyone who wants to "make a buck" by selling
drivers licences?  Or getting lots of credit cards issued to them
and selling the cards to other people?

 David Keegel <djk&#167;cyber.com.au>  URL: http://www.cyber.com.au/users/djk/
Cybersource P/L: Linux/Unix Systems Administration Consulting/Contracting