Re: [DNS] Planet Domain offers lowest reseller rates

From: Chris Berkeley <magic2147§optushome.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:00:06 +1000
On 20 Aug 2002 at 12:16, Josh Rowe wrote:

> Planet Domain offers lowest reseller rates
> http://www.whatsinaname.com.au/

How is then that according to the list at http://www.auda.org.au/registrars/resellers.html
the Primus subsidiary has only 5 resellers. Is the list out of date?

Do some prudent people steer clear of the lowest price on offer for some reason like
because they have a some doubt about something. I mean like steering clear of a web
host who offers to host sites for just $20 per month but limits the hits on a site  per
month to 20k (before charging extra or strangling presumably). I mean I know what a
unique visitor is and I know what a hit is.

Another conundrum: is something like the  50% mark up or more on.au wholesale
prices which those from the inner sanctums of the internet seem to charge  indicative of
the power of market forces that would drive prices down that we all heard so much
about?

Has the Emperor any clothes left in the closet? I think we should be told.

cb