Re: [DNS] On Holiday with DDNS

From: Blinky Bill <bill78562000§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 04:19:21 +0100 (BST)
 --- Rod Keys <rod&#167;ddns.com.au> wrote: >

> As a reseller you must provide customer support to
> your clients that's Auda
> policy. Don't want to take call don't resell domain
> names

Actually Rod I'm not a Reseller I just look after my
clients

> We only send out advertising flyers that cannot
> possibly be termed renewal
> notices they explain very carefully that it is a
> offer and they need not
> take any action to renew with us you have no right
> what so ever to stop a
> genuine commercial activity.

Yes you explain it so well that it amazes me how many
people don't understand. Perhaps we should ask Eddie
to have a group of Domain Name Registrants in his next
IQ test.

> We both support and conduct ourselves according to
> the COC which I might add
> has not even become public yet. We are in contact
> with Auda on a regular
> basis with regard to policy matters and making sure
> we are within policy
> guidelines.

As you are on the Code of Practice Drafting Committee
I am sure you know your policy inside and out.

So what about the part that says you cant mention  a
specific domain name or related information such as
anexpiry date. Thats the first thing you do mention.

I also don't see a clear explanation stating that my
client may require to transfer to another reseller of
the current registrar of record, or transfer to a new
domain name licence with a different registrar of
record.

If you are in contact with auDA regularly then perhaps
the people you are in contact with should read their
own policies. Then again whats the point.

> > Oh I forget, isn't DDNS involved in making auDA
> policy
> > so therefore are immune to punishment.
> Absolute rubbish...   Why don't you get involved in
> Auda from a policy
> perspective and see how things really work there are
> no favors as you allude
> to.

I do.

>>. Blinky Bill ..really