Re: [DNS] Melbourne IT - slow speed, laxsecurity and poorquality of service

From: Alan DeBritt <info§webone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:50:20 +1000
>>Do you have a ready prepared answer for when your customers ask you:  "Why
>>am I paying twice as much as necessary for renewing my domain names?"

I give them the option of renewing it through another registrar. To date none
have changed away from Melb IT. We dont force them to use Melb IT, it just so
happens that our customers have always used Melb IT and would be reluctant to
change because the other registrars are only new (not that this is bad, i
suppose they just want to see what happens with the domain name market) I myself
have used NameScout and am yet to try the others. If another registrar could
give me a good price for renewing all of our domain names, and we could transfer
them easily we would probably move to a different registrar.  Tenders welcome
:-)

Not sure about how easily bulk amounts of domain names are managed with
different registrars but Melb IT seem to handle it well.

If Melb IT got some more bandwidth to increase the speed of their service, and
allowed me to transfer bulk amounts of domain names to them without paying
extra. I would be content with their service. To cut a long story short i dont
really mind who is our registrar as long as it works, its cost effective. (i
spose this is what everyone wants)

Cheers,
Alan
-
Please note. If you would like to reply to me directly use
alan&#167;admin.webone.com.au I will answer your email next time
I am working. For a faster response please use
info&#167;webone.com.au
Alan DeBritt
Phone 62420605 or 1300730605
Fax 62425728