RE: [DNS] MelbIT and INP love loss?

From: Ron Stark <ronstark§businesspark.com.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 06:52:11 +1000
Actually upon registration of a domain name, a contract comes into force
between the registrar and the registrant, that's the way that agreements
have been set up.

It makes sense in that the reseller acts as an agent only for the initiation
of the licence, but the registrar has to provide ongoing services.

In other words (solely for domain name matters) a reseller's obligation is
transient, usually only for the act of registration / renewal.  The
registry's obligation to the registrant is for the entire duration of that
licence.

Ron Stark