Re: [DNS] Solution to Name Registration

From: Adam Todd <auda§todd.inoz.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:05:15 +1000
>I'm not going to take this much further, but your ideas for DNS are very
>different than mine.
>I feel that domain should be used in ways that compliment companies,
>organisations, individuals, non-profits policital parties eetc etc and you
>are using leglisative law to restrict and stop open use of the DNS...

For one VERY good reason.

Because all companies, organisation, individuals, non-profits, political
parties etc have to be registered under LEGISLATIVE LAW.

That solves conflicts and confusion.

The DNS policy that exists does not provided entitlement, nor does it solve
confusion, it creates it.  You confirm that by specifically ignoring my
comments about wd.com.au

>Not my idea of the DNS...

DNS is a way in which people can remember names instead of numbers.   It
translates a humanly readable name into an IP address so that the computers
can create a transit path between the human and the destination.

It provides no "identity" nor does DNS provide any rights or entitlements
or freedoms on the Internet.  It is merely a translation.