RE: [DNS] Where to find?

From: Mr Grumpy <evenmoreunhappy§yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:52:13 +1000 (EST)
 Hi Mark

--- Mark Hughes <effectivebusiness&#167;pplications.com.au>
wrote: >

> * auDA has no grounds for complaint, as any use > of
sites with similar names
> has no detrimental effect on auDA's operations.

I take it from this you mean the more domains are sold
the better off auDA is. I would have thought auDA
would have to draw the line somewhere or is not
prevention better than a cure.

> So auDA outsourced the auction process to a
> supposedly experienced company,
> and that outsourced company apparently
> boo-booed.

auDA is very good at outsourcing to experienced
companies. auDA should be held responsible somewhere
along the line. Is there not some sort of audit
process involved. Will AusRegistry and the new
registrar sytem be another case of ooops we missed
that one. Meanwhile 330,000 australian domain holders
will continue to recieve spam.

> I see from AUNIC that westuffedup.com.au is
> unregistered - perhaps
> stuff.com.au should change their name.

See you can make me laugh....:>)

Grumpy

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!