Re: [DNS] Valuation of Generic Domain Names

From: Shane O'Dea <lists§odea.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 20:09:29 +0930
What a difficult question!!!  The auctions are "secret" and auDA is not
revealing even the dollar range that names are selling for...  Makes it
very difficult to know what to bid!!!

I bid for two similar names (in the accountancy industry).  One sold for
just under $200 and the other for $2000.  It's hard to know why the huge
variance.  Personally, I think the $200 one is a better name.

I'd be interested to know what other people are paying (in general terms).

That's life,

Shane