Re: [DNS] Transfer of Registrar of Record

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:34:27 +1000 (EST)
> Then what about people who transfer around renewal time?
> (Personally as a consumer, that's when I would be shopping around
> for registrars/resellers.)

Then you pay the fee for that registrar to add 2 year only....Simple.

> If registrants have to pay extra (a transfer fee) to renew through a
> different registrar, wouldn't that reduce competition?

Wheather or not the registrar charges their clients without renewal is up
to the registrar, I don't believe it's up to us to say. There is not a
registry cost in changing a registrar tag, but the current policy implies
that there will be, this is where I feel the policy fall down... it forces
each record to be new.. regardless of wheather it really is or not.

Michael-Pappas