RE: [DNS] RE: auDA to consider new names for .au

From: Jon Lawrence <jon§jonlawrence.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:33:51 +0100
>You would have a lot of trouble with understanding the past performance
>of the major players then.  It still isn't professsional although they
>charge some of the highest fees.  High fees do not mean better service
>or a professional service.

I'm well aware of the performance of the major players.  I'm simply talking
about what I believe should occur in the present/future.

>User pays is good but it is usually a cloak for profit making.  High
>fees do not equate to professional or better service.  And lets face it,
>there is little service required for DNS.

I didn't mention high fees, just the fact that I believe they are warranted.
 Remember that I responded to your claim that fees were not warranted.

It's also a little meaningless to discuss what is a reasonable charge for
DNS services without considering scale.

And, what is actually wrong with making a profit out of providing a service?
 It is after all the basis on which our society is built.  The internet
ain't any different.

rgds
jon