RE: [DNS] RE: auDA to consider new names for .au

From: Michael-Pappas <auda§michael-pappas.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:48:41 +1000 (EST)
I feel a need to ad to this now... Kim suggested that the price will drop
with the number of registrations increase..

This may be true but the fact still remains that at the present it would be
silly to not take this current charge into account as the number will not
increase untill such time as the new registry is working and education of
the public takes place prior to the start of open slather competition
between registrars.

Also I see a great need to see that we have a good working system to ad
these domain names to.

Having said that the only domain names that I could see that would really
help and open up the .au space would be domain names in the .info.au and
biz.au domain space. (At this time) This being as it will provide an
Australian base for Australian and International Trademark/Business Holders
to choose any combination of ;

.com / .com.au
.net / .net.au
.org / .org.au
.biz / .biz.au
.info / .info.au

This is for world wide protection of names..... simply and affectivly it
also brings australia into a more global market when it comes to protecting
internet traffic.... this also must have auDRP policies of course....

By Opening up footy.au or state.au domain names we are moving in the
direction of to many variables and who is entitled... I'm sure that the
proprosals will be looked to and taken with all seroiusness but I hardly
thing that there would be stead fast rules that all could see are fair.

With the introduction of .info.au (my favorite) and .biz.au (something I
believe should never have been approved due to alt root and the doubleing
of commmercial domain space) with the same requirments of ABN, RBN,
trademark or non-profit. Simply this would make an asy way to move forward
in our manage .au ccTLD.

Michael-Pappas.