Future of current .id.au 3LDs

From: Paul Day <bonfire§bur.st>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:58:17 +0800 (WST)
Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been discussed in the list (haven't been
reading the list much lately) or elsewhere.

Does anyone know what will happen to the current nine .id.au 3LDs once
AusRegistry take control of .id.au? I assume it will be one of the
following:

- Current .id.au registrars are given first dibs to register the .id.au
3LD they have been looking after, to continue providing administration and
DNS for the legacy sub-domains within it.

- Current registrars lose control of the .id.au 3LD, are forced to hand
over their user database to auDA/Aunic/other and administration and DNS
for legacy sub-domains within it will be provided by Aunic/auDA/other.

- First come, first served. Their .id.au gets wiped and the first person
to register it, gets it. (Highly unlikely, I would hope)

Any official word from auDA?

PD

--
Paul Day     Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire