Re: [DNS] FACTS & RESPONSABILITIES

From: Nigel Burke <nigel§avs.net.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 04:03:34 +1100
Ginger,

I've said it once, and I'll say it again - It's just not enough proof that
companies are ripping through the AUNIC database!

I mean come on, don't you think innocent companies such as ING and Internet
Registry are using their existing customerbase to market their services to.
They would never think twice about using AUNIC as their 'marketing database'
to spam and threaten customers from other ISPs,  web hosts and domain
registration companies who have gained customers legitmately through
advertising and providing a good service spreading the word of mouth??

On another note ...

What's your problem Ginger? Whoever you are! - It is alright to use the
AUNIC data to send your message to all those unaware Australian consumers
who don't know where these invoices for their .com.au are coming from that
was registered by their friendly ISP.

BUT on a serious note everyone ...

I've read through these news articles published by creditable news sources
and I agree with what you're saying Ginger - NetRegistry = SCAMMER, ING =
SCAMMER & Internet Registry = SCAMMER.

SCAMMER = A company who utilises AUNIC data and other sources to target
unaware consumers about their scams.

I just do not understand how auDA and / or Melbourne IT can be so blind in
seeing what's actually going on. It kind of pisses me off !!!

Regards,
Nigel