FACTS & RESPONSABILITIES

From: Ginger Fish <ginger-fish§scifi-art.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:12:56 +1100
Surely at least one newspaper out there feels the responsability
to inform consumers...

Test-Bed Registrars/Provisionally Accredited Registrars
auDA chooses wisely while the rest of the world looks on and laughs.
A disgraceful state of affairs and yet this is what we're stuck with
in  Australia.

Self regulation works if you're in the bed or in the loop.
Is there anyone out there who gives a damn?

I CAN SEE IT NOW, REGISTRARS AGREEMENTS SIGNED,
CODE OF CONDUCT PUT IN PLACE 6 MONTHS LATER.
--- CAN ANYONE OUT THERE SEE A FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM WITH THIS???????

NET REGISTRY  - PROVISIONALLY ACCREDITED REGISTRAR
19 Oct 2001 auDA moves swiftly to protect AUNIC database
http://www.auda.org.au/about/news/2001101901.html

Reports confirm that NetRegistry copied data in bulk from
Australia's AUNIC database which it hosted on behalf of auDA.
http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=420

auDA switches off NetRegistry
http://www.itnews.com.au/story.cfm?ID=8220

RARE-DOMAINS PTY LTD - TEST-BED REGISTRAR
Is this Peter Dean, Director of auDA, Director of Instra, mate
of Chris Dispain, with a commercial website sitting on www.aunic.com.au   ?

INTERNET NAME GROUP  - PROVISIONALLY ACCREDITED REGISTRAR
Internet Name Group scam
http://www.auda.org.au/list/dns/archive/032001/0060.html

The greed behind gratuitous grace
http://www.smh.com.au/icon/0111/13/news4.html

Riddle of 10-year deals on .au names with a two-year life
http://it.mycareer.com.au/networking/20010410/A35593-2001Apr10.html

Name seller flogs .biz names via asic.com
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0106/22/biztech/biztech15.html

"Spam" Attack Prompts Suspension By Domainz.
http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pr2001/090601.htm

http://www.idg.net.nz/webhome.nsf/UNID/D6AC0A53F05ECFC6CC256ABF00090DE4!open
document

Isn't there a problem here ?