Re: [DNS] Now I am ANGRY

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 07:29:24 +0800
Quoting Mark Hughes on Saturday March 02, 2002:

| Kim raised the very real issue of the purpose of the database being to
| enable people to contact the licensee of a domain.  The objective I guess is
| to continue to support this function, while minimising abuse of the data.  I
| must say that I struggle to see any real effect on enabling people to
| contact domain name licensees by removing the domain 'creation date' and
| 'street address' from visibility.

The problem, as I see it, is if you remove the postal address - then you
will se a rise in the number of people being harassed by phone and email
by domain name resellers.

As bad as they are, if companies are going to prey on registrants, I
think I would rather be able to toss wads of their mail in the bin than
get spammed or take calls from them.

kim