auDA to auction rare domain names

From: patrick <patrick§quad.net.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:27:36 +1000
On Wednesday, 26 December 2001 21:41, David Ussell wrote:

> Personally I would have thought that Valid NS records would have been
> in the Policy for Domain names and without it they are in breach
> therefore the Domain should be canceled and returned to the pool!

Hi David

Whilst that's never been any part of the policy for "com.au" it does apply to
"net.au".

It would be my view that a domain name in breach of such a policy would
notified to that effect and given time to rectify the breach.  As such a
requirement is very easy to comply with, most could do it through their ISP in
as little as one working day.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss